Friday, September 6, 2013

Counting My Blessings and Praising God

A dear friend of mine was faced with a very difficult medical problem last weekend.  We almost lost her.  She had surgery on Monday and is doing remarkably well!  Looking back, I can clearly see God's hand in it all.  I'm not sure why God allowed her to have that medical problem, but he put people in her path who were able to save her.  She still has long weeks of recovery, but we are grateful to God.

I teach at a private Christian school and because my friend was also connected to our school, we had a prayer service for her.  So often I forget how unique this opportunity is.  I am so blessed to not only work at at a school where we can worship God openly, but also to live in a country where freedom of religion is still a Constitutional right.

No comments: