Sunday, May 10, 2009

Dance Recital Dress Rehearsal

Last weekend Ellen had dance pictures and dress rehearsal for the upcoming recital. She was so excited! Her class is doing a little dance to "Baby Mine" and they all have baby dolls for the program. We had to find a cute dress for Baby, too!

The show is at TPAC! Ellen takes dance through Mt. Juliet/Green Hill School of Dance and apparently, they are pretty serious about this dance stuff! I've been impressed with the teachers and the curriculum. I kinda just stumbled upon this dance school. They were the only ones who returned my phone calls when I was checking around last summer, but it has worked out great! Ellen has really enjoyed the classes and wants to take again next year.

The only downside for me (Ellen hasn't said anything) is that she has been in a beginner/3 & 4 y/o class with some younger girls. That class is where she belonged. She was 4 when she started and she was a beginner. But...some of the little girls in class were very young 3's or even 2(!) and immature and really too young for an organized activity like dance. Ellen has never complained, but it bothered me. It's not that they were terrible, it's just that there were a few more tears and playing around than I would have liked. Oh well, next year she will move up to a kindergarten/first grade class and the younger girls will stay in the beginner class.

PS: I just realized that I haven't posted about John in a while. I will try to find something interesting to write, soon. It shouldn't be hard. Every day is an adventure with John!

No comments: