Monday, September 1, 2008

Labor Day and Prayer Requests

Well, it's Labor Day and we have been in school for exactly 20 days. I know because we count the days of school every morning! (One of the perks of teaching K.) I am pleased to report that while I have a few kids who are definitely "out of the box," I have a great class! Somehow I always seem to get the kids who think a little bit differently than the rest of the crew--have a little bit more imagination, maybe even a little bit smarter, and definitely more interesting than your run-of-the-mill five year olds. I have learned that these kids are square pegs that do not fit in round holes and the best thing that I can do as a teacher is to keep a sense of humor!

My co-teacher who was on medical leave is expected back this week. She is still having some tests run, as well as some physical therapy, but for the moment she's feeling good. I will be glad to be working with her again, but I will miss her daughter-in-law who filled in for her. I really enjoyed getting to know Heather!

If you are reading this and you pray, please keep my friend Angela in your prayers. She is a young army mom of two who just found out that she is being sent to Iraq in December. Also remember Tonya, an acquantance of mine--one of the parents at school--who is a young mom with breast cancer. Both of these moms are in their mid-30's and have kids in the preschool-early elementary ages.

I'm going to go rest up for a bit before we go over to Nana's to swim and eat supper.

No comments: