Sunday, July 20, 2008

'Twas the Night Before VBS

Tomorrow is the first day of VBS. I am teaching the two year old class. "Regular" VBS is for ages three and up, but since some of the staff of VBS have younger children, I am teaching the twos. Like I said, it's only for the children of those helping at VBS, but even so I'm expecting 8-10 kids each day. I think I have plenty of help lined up and lots of things planned for us to do. I just hope that we don't have too many criers. I've been going into their regular Sunday School classes for several weeks so that they could get used to me, so maybe that will help the stranger anxiety problem.

Our congregation traditionally has an ice cream supper the night before VBS, and we had it again this year. YUM! I successfully made my mother's butter pecan recipe--a first. Somehow, I always seem to mess up homemade ice cream, but this time I did something right, because it turned out great!

Wish me luck tomorrow at 9 am!

No comments: